Last modified: October 10, 2016
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
1. Collecting and using customers personal information
The Company collects the following personal informations from customers and uses them for the purposes listed in Item 2 "Purpose of use of personal information."
- Customers' name, address, gender, nationality, date of birth, telephone number, fax number,e-mail address, and occupation
- Records of customers product purchases
- Other personal information necessary for the Company to provide customers with products and services
2. Purpose of use of personal information
The Company uses collected personal information from customers within the scope of attaining the following purposes.
- Shipment of purchased products
- The customer service/counseling service after the sales
- Questionnaire surveys and research related to new products and service development
- Propositions about product policy, product development, and production/logistics strategies propositions with a view to enhance the customer service level
- Notices about new products and services, informations about events hosted by the Company
- Informations about our courtesy policy for customers and propositions of new privileges
- Administration of customers past purchasing records and usage of customer service
- Sending of direct mail to customers (by postal mail, e-mail and telephone, etc...)
- Provision to third parties within the scope necessary for appropriate operations
- Other appropriate facilitation of transactions with customers
3. Management of personal information
The Company makes efforts to ensure that the customers personal information is accurate and up to date. So as to prevent these informations from being lost, misused, altered, or accessed without authorization, the Company has established some internal regulations and has created an internal system that protects those informations and enforces strict security measures.
4. Provision of customers personal information to third parties
In order to attain the purposes associated with the use of customers personal information, the Company may provide the informations to third parties, within the conditions as listed below:
- Provision to third parties for appropriate operations
Customers personal information to be provided to third parties, within the conditions as described above:
- Customer’s name, address, gender, nationality, date of birth, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, and occupation
- Records of purchases
- Other personal information necessary for the Company to be able to provide customers with products and services
The third parties provided with customers personal information are carefully selected and required to accept agreements about the handling of those information, so as to prevent information leaks, loss, or tampering. Moreover, third parties are subject to supervision and guidance where necessary. The Company will stop providing the third parties with customers personal information, upon individual request from customers.
5. Customer requests to disclose or correct personal information
In accordance with the "Personal Information Protection Act", the Company accepts requests from customers to disclose or correct their personal information, held by the Company. Customers can request, at all times, to have their personal information disclosed or corrected, in accordance with the procedures provided by the Company. Customers are requested to refer to the contact below for details.
7. Inquiries related to the handling of personal information
For customers questions or concerns about the handling of personal information, the following contact is available
1906 N. Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60647-4321 USA
Business Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm